We are pleased to confirm that Standish Street Dental Practice will remain open as the Updated National Restrictions continue to be revised.
The team and I hope your family, friends and those around you are healthy and keeping well.
If there is one thing we have loved over this last tricky year, it's been YOU - our lovely patients. Your friendly faces and continued support really do make our days so much brighter.
As we all get to grips with how COVID-19 is impacting our lives, the health and well-being of our patients and team are at the forefront of our minds and we want to do everything we can to continue to keep everyone as safe as possible. That is why we have employed measures above and beyond those recommended to make sure we all stay safe together:
- The clinic as you are aware was always a very clean and safe environment. However, we have placed hand sanitisers at entry points, upgraded our PPE in line with current guidelines and redesigned the patient journey in line with social distancing.
- We have installed state of the art air filtration systems throughout the practice to increase ventilation and reduce the risk of the virus spreading through the air. A combination of Plasma filtration, UVC ionization and good old fashioned air extraction all increase air changes in indoor areas, improve air quality and kill airborne virus particles for the safety of staff and patients alike.
- We will be conducting pre-screening tests of patients which is likely to include ringing the night before your appointment to check you and your family are well and we may even take your temperature on arrival.
- We will be booking your appointments to ensure that the Practice and waiting areas are not overcrowded. We will do this by leaving suitable gaps between appointments, making sure that you can attend the practice while maintaining a suitable distance from one another in accordance with government guidelines.
- We will also be creating clinics for patients who are most vulnerable, to help minimize contact with others for this group whilst they are at the practice.
- Due to the current government alert level we must keep the front door locked for your safety to limit the number of people in the practice and to ensure we are able to maintain social distance. At the time of your appointment approach the door and ring the bell and we will greet you and let you into the building. Staff and patients are all required to wear a face covering whilst in the practice.
- If you pay on the day we will ask you to use a contactless card or online payment method. This crucial step greatly reduces touch points at the practice.
- Between all appointments as always, the dental team will thoroughly disinfect the dental surgery, reducing the risk of exposure to anything harmful while you are in our dental chair.
We continually review the measures we have in place, acknowledging your feedback and striving to innovate in our dental care to ensure the practice remains as safe as possible and one of the most advanced in the northwest.
By remaining open and following the advice for our tier system we will continue to take care of you to the best of our abilities, providing the clinical care necessary to maintain your oral health and provide dental treatments when needed to keep you healthy and pain free. Self-care is important, we are here for you, and would encourage you to continue to attend your appointments as long as you are happy to do so. Our friendly reception team are always on hand to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
By following the advice from government, I hope that at some time soon we can be safely reunited with our families, friends and dearest.
Be kind, be strong, stay safe and just like before we will get through this together 😊
Usman, Fozia and the Standish Street team